Our brain and bodies operate off of something called our circadian rhythm. The circadian rhythm is a 24-hour internal clock that helps us stay awake during our daylight hours and sleep long periods at night.
Our natural wake/sleep cycle is affected heavily by blue light. When we absorb blue light, our brain assumes it is the daytime, which makes it send a signal to our bodies to stay awake. Now that blue light is present in devices, we can absorb that light long after the sun has gone down, which can:
- Suppress melatonin production and disrupt our circadian rhythm
- Cause headaches
- Cause blurred vision and other signs of digital eye strain
Affects of Poor Sleep on the Body?
When our circadian rhythm is off-balance, it can affect many aspects of our lives and health. Scientists are also now seeing a link between those who don’t have a good circadian rhythm and physical health issues such as:
How to protect yourself from blue light overexposure
There are things that can be done to protect your eyes year-round from overexposure to blue light so you can sleep better, have fewer headaches, reduce digital eye strain, and prevent other potentially harmful effects of exposure.
- Wear Gamer Advantage glasses during the day to reduce digital eye strain and headaches
- Wear Gamer Advantage glasses at night to filter out blue light that disrupts your sleep/wake cycle
- Wear UV blocking sunglasses year-round outside
Congrats on doing your research, and if you actually read this entire thing, enter code #smart for a special discount at checkout.
Shop Gamer Advantage Glasses - Click Here